Subject: Re: Linux/File and subst.mk errors
To: Ulrich Habel <uli@habel.name>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2007 13:38:06
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Ulrich Habel wrote:
> So what do you think? Fixing it in the bootstrap proccess or just
> correct it with an additional documentation for setting up Linux and
> pkgsrc?

I've setup pkgsrc on debian last week, and ran into a bunch of
(debian)packages not installed, that pkgsrc-bootstrap wants.
I think testing this at runtime for each pkgsrc build is overkill, but
doing some test at bootstrap time would be nice.
This could be expanded e.g. to Solaris to check if the required packages
are installed.

(I have no idea where to hook this into the bootstrap procedure though,
and don't have time to investigate/work on this either, sorry! The
bootstrap docs may have some data on what needs to be verified for a
start...)

  - Hubert