Subject: Re: Modular Xorg support and buildlink3.mk files
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/24/2007 14:09:41
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 11:11:07AM +0200, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> And now my question: what harm would it cause if I regenerate the buildlink3.mk
> files so that they will also contain these settings? Sooner or later I need to
> regenerate the buildlink3.mk files and I might forget to remove these lines...

libXt MUST not end up in the b3.mk. It is purely there to satisfy the
idiotic X11 detection in configure. The other two are explicitly linked
against, so recorded as explicit dependencies. GKT2 should take care of
libX11 though and for libSM please check whether the libraries actually
link against it. Otherwise it should not end up in the b3.mk as well.

The pkglint warning about BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.libXt is due to the way
non-modular Xorg is handled. I'm redirecting to mk/x11.b3.mk in that
case, but pkglint doesn't know that. I haven't thought about fix/avoid
the warning yet, but it can be ignored.

Joerg

P.S.: I need a few hours of sleep every day as well :-)