Subject: Yet further tests on x11 7.2.0
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/29/2006 11:23:34
I do experience a strange thing in 7.1.99.903. The XOM framework won't
work with LANG = fr_FR.UTF-8. While trying to load a font, the WM (be it
fvwm, twm or any other) aborts. ktracing it reveals that it looks,
before loading the font file, for a library named:

/usr/pkg/lib/X11/locale/common/xomLTRTTB.so.2

which does not exist, instead I have xomGeneric.so

Besides, I have no idea where does the xomLTRTTB spring out.

Moving to fr_FR.ISO8859-15 solves the problem, but that leaves me with a
half answer. Does anybody knows about that xomLTRTTB moving to
xomGeneric in libX11?

Vincent