Subject: Re: Further tests on x11 7.2.0
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/18/2006 21:18:35
Jeremy C. Reed a écrit :

>> "u_long" type is not defined unless _NETBSD_SOURCE is defined too. That
>> happens while a C file includes unistd.h that prototypes some functions
>> with u_long, u_short, etc.
>
> I reported this and was told this was a problem in NetBSD. I emailed
> current-users@ NetBSD twice to ask about it but received no feedback.

Well, that is at least partly understandable. Userland programs
shouldn't use u_long without knowing exactly how many bytes it occupies.
On the other hand, I assume the X developers knows their business. I
will try to mail it to tech_kern, seems more appropriate maybe?

[snip]

> I also had problems with that which I will file a bug about.
Keep me posted

> Thanks again

Avec plaisir !, as we say over here.
Vincent