Subject: Re: parallel/pvm3 doesn't build
To: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/10/2006 15:48:24
On Saturday 09 December 2006 21:14, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 11:09:38AM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > is there anone working on fixing parallel/pvm3? It used to build under
> > gcc-3.x but since gcc-4.x it breaks. It unfortunately breaks math/scilab,
> > a matlab replacement.
>
> I think the attached two patches fix pvm3, but I seem to remember that
> scilab will fail later because of some f2c brokeness about integer
> sizes (at least on i386).

Thanks, I managed to build pvm3 after applying your patches. scilab fails
building due to conflicting definitions in twodq.c derived from twodq.f. I
patched this up manually and got scilab to build. Not sure why it gets it
wrong in this file as everything else builds cleanly.

Maybe I should be looking to build scilab-4. Our version is getting a little
old...

cheerio Berndt