Subject: Re: package categories
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/06/2006 11:05:21
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 05:27:40PM -0600, Hugo Rivera wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I think it would be a nice idea to add the "science"
>category in pkgsrc, since there are some packages in
>the "math" category that really are scientific
>packages, plus all the packages in "biology" should be
>moved to this new "science" category.

+ create a new pkgsrc/science directory
+ invite appropriate projects to move there

It may be awkward to look at revisions prior to the
rename but it is do-able for the rare occasion
necessary.

Wouldn't it be possible to copy -r the package to
the new location within the repo? then you have the
entire history under the new name.

Sure, it's not "through the front door" but seems
like an appropriate enough action for a system
administrator to do?  (Caveat emptor: should check
first if this works as I never tried it)

// George