Subject: BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/01/2006 11:40:47
I am having trouble building a package that contains shared libraries
that refer to other shared libraries.  The entire issue has to do with
the setting of the RPATH in the shared object.  Even though I patch
the package Makefile to use 'c++ -Wl,-rpath,XXX/lib' the appropriate
-rpath argument does not show up in the ld command line.  It seems
clear to me from the .work.log that the wrappers are removing the
argument.

However, even when I set

	 BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS+=XXX/lib

in the package Makefile, the wrappers still seem to remove the -rpath
argument.

Clearly, I don't really understand how the wrappers are working.
What am I missing and how can I fix the package to allow modification
of the RPATH?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook