Subject: Obsolete packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey Svishchev <svs@ropnet.ru>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/2006 18:21:11
--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Good day,

audio/eawpatches -- distfiles removed from master site; maintainer's answer=
 is:

  Eawpats has been superceeded by FreePats.  Eawpats was in large part
  derived from the early 1990's MIDIA package for SGI.  Unbeknowst to me at
  the time, the majority of the MIDIA patches were directly derived from the
  commercial Gravis Ultrasound patch set.  When I eventually discovered
  this, I removed all of the Gravis copyrighted patches (about half of
  the total) from the collection and redistribution of Eawpats was
  discontinued.  The remainder was continued on as Freepats, but is lacking
  many instruments, especially the drums :(

audio/libac3 -- newer version in audio/liba52.

games/xnibbles -- Not maintained since 1999, rewritten into gnibbles.

misc/fooseti misc/setiathome -- obsoleted by (and not compatible with) BOIN=
C-based client.

net/qadsl -- replaced by GNU Alive (wip/alive).

textproc/py-Lupy -- Homepage says: "The Lupy project has been RETIRED!"

--=20
Sergey Svishchev

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--