Subject: UNPRIVILEGED=yes and "The following directories ... have the wrong
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/13/2006 20:33:49
I installed sylpheed-claws on a system using UNPRIVILEGED=yes and
received:

The following directories are used by sylpheed-claws-2.5.5 and
have the wrong ownership and/or permissions:

        /home/reed/etc/sylpheed-claws (m=755, o=reed, g=2022)

I see this CHECK-PERMS code in mk/pkginstall/dirs.

How can I run this work.reed/.pkginstall/INSTALL manually to check this
with sh -x? (What command lien arguments for INSTALL?)

I tried:

sh -x work.reed/.pkginstall/INSTALL sylpheed-claws-2.5.5 +FILES CHECK-PERMS

and some others but am not sure.

Anyways, I don't understand why the warning above. It looks okay to me.