Subject: Re: multimedia/dvdrip depends on archivers/rar-bin
To: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2006 09:01:50
--=-=-=

  Maybe something like a buildlink.mk file could be made, that can be
  included (preventing duplication) and generates a dependency only if
  certain conditions are met (in this case, the correct architecture).
  There is no buildlink.mk file here because there is no linking of
  course, but otherwise the purpose of avoiding duplication of assignments
  is much the same.

Perhaps, but I think this is too much general complexity to accomodate
difficult software.  You'd have to add "user has put license in
ACCEPTABLE_LICENESES" too, because otherwise the build would break -
the dependency is not only non-portable but non-free (which is why
it's non-portable).  I far prefer optionizing and defaulting to no.

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--