Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2006 11:59:55
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:57:21 -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Some packages will complain about it, or not build.  Because a case
> sensitive FS simplifies things, the pkgsrc Guide recommends enabling
> it when available, rather than explaining to users why a package
> failed to build over and over again.

How about define variable "NEED_CASE_SENSITIVE_FS= no | build | install" ?

> What's wrong with enabling case sensitivity for you?  On Interix in
> particular, case sensitive NTFS actually speeds up file access a bit
> too, because NTDLL isn't doing a directory scan to find some files.
> ;-)

Yes, I'm using Interix with case sensitive FS.

But how about MacOS X?
A MacOS X user said, "I don't use pkgsrc, because it require case
sensitive filesystem. So I use DarwinPorts".
Anyone know DarwinPorts works with case inseisitive filesystem and
how to do so?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata@lins.jp