Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem
To: None <is@netbsd.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: OBATA Akio <obata@lins.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2006 22:49:28
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:58:54 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:57:34PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>
> > Why depneds on each package?
> > For examples, 1 on case-insensitive filesystems, and 2,3 on case-sensitive
> > filesystems, what packages we can't build?
>
> most obvious example: we can't checkout the cvs package, as CVS creates
> "CVS" subdirectories elsewhere. I don't know about others myself, but they
> have been mentioned in the past.

Hmm, there are three issue:

1. devel/cvs v.s. deve/CVS
2. converters/p5-jcode v.s. converters/p5-Jcode
3. lang/nawk/files/makefile v.s. lang/nawk/files/Makefile

About 1, We can prevent by doing cvs export or getting tarball not contain CVS.
About 2, Hmm.
About 3, We can prevent by renaming Makefile or makefile to another name.

All three issue are naming issue.  Not framework's issue.

BTW, nfs client of Interix is very strange, buggy.
It allow co-existence of cvs and CVS.  And can change directory p5-jcode and
p5-Jcode.  So, about directory, case-sensitive.
But about file, sometime case-sensitive and sometime case-insensitive.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obata@lins.jp