Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2006 11:52:57
On 9/11/06, Geert Hendrickx <ghen@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:24:31AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > The tarball might work because there's no name collision in it.
> >
> > However, a cvs checkout will, e.g., create both 'CVS' and 'cvs' in the
> > devel category;  the former is for cvs's use, the latter is the cvs
> > package itself.  A number of packages will have similar issues.
>
> What other package than "cvs" will cause problems?  You can probably solve
> it by adding it to a .cvsignore file in the devel/ directory.

I remember a category containing a perl module (whose name I don't
remember) p5-Foo-Bar and another one p5-foo-bar.  Problems will also
arise for all those packages that were once renamed to change some of
its letters' case.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/