Subject: Re: pkgsrc on case-insensitive filesystem
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2006 11:39:26
--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:24:31AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> The tarball might work because there's no name collision in it.
>=20
> However, a cvs checkout will, e.g., create both 'CVS' and 'cvs' in the
> devel category;  the former is for cvs's use, the latter is the cvs
> package itself.  A number of packages will have similar issues.

What other package than "cvs" will cause problems?  You can probably solve
it by adding it to a .cvsignore file in the devel/ directory.

Other than this problem with CVS, pkgsrc itself might work fine on case-
insensitive filesystems, but individual packages may not.  I don't have any
experience with it though.

	Geert

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--