Subject: Replacing Linux but...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Ron Smith <geeksatlarge@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2006 20:57:03
Hi,

I'd like to be able to replace the Linux (Ubuntu
distro) notebook I use at work with NetBSD. There's
one aspect of a switch-over I'm not sure of though. I
need to replace certain tools I'm using in Linux with
something simular in NetBSD.

I need to log in to a remote desktop. I'm using
"remotedesktop", in Linux, for that. I need
interconnectivity with an Exchange server. I'm using
Mozilla/Thunderbird for that. I have to run "gaim", or
something like it. I also run "apache-perl" (a
mod_perl) varient for CGI development. I also use
"screen" a lot.

I noticed "screen" mentioned in README.i386pkg, but
what about the other stuff? Are they suppoerted by
NetBSD?

TIA,

Ron Smith
geeksatlarge@yahoo.com