Subject: Re: ALLDISTFILES ?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Shaun Amott <shaun@inerd.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/01/2006 21:33:10
--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:24:03PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 08:04:52AM -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
> > Alternatively maybe there should be some variable (MAINTAINER_MODE?)=20
> > that would be used in the package makefiles like:
> >=20
> > .if defined(MAINTAINER_MODE)
> > DISTFILES=3D      foo_x86_linux.tar.gz
> > DISTFILES+=3D     foo_sparc_solaris.tar.gz
> > DISTFILES+=3D     foo_mips_irix.tar.gz
> > .else
> >=20
> > # normal logic to find the correct distfile based on ${MACHINE_ARCH}
> > .endif
> >=20
> > Comments?

I added something like this in the last patch I submitted for
misc/dnetc, since the package uses a different distfile for every
platform. It is certainly a good idea.

>=20
> I prefer this is but wouldn't call it MAINTAINER_MODE. What about simply
> using target(makesum)? At least for the first aim.
>=20

I like this idea - but I wonder if it would also be useful for the fetch
target. It may be desirable under some circumstances to download all the
distfiles without updating the checksums - e.g. a central distfile
server.

Shaun

--=20
Shaun Amott // PGP: 0x6B387A9A