Subject: Re: libtools patch for Linux/dash
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/01/2006 14:46:34
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Let me put it this way: the shell is obviously completely broken.

We need an easy way to tell pkgsrc "My /bin/sh is broken, please use
/path/to/working/shell instead", and to have that take effect throughout
pkgsrc.  Solaris people also have to deal with broken /bin/sh.  I
recently started to suspect that setting SH=/path/to/working/shell would
do the trick, but I am not sure that it's used consistently.

Anyway, if setting SH is sufficient, then maybe pkgsrc/platform/*.mk
could set SH to something appropriate, or maybe bootstrap could figure
it out and set SH in mk.conf.example.

--apb (Alan Barrett)