Subject: Re: pkgsrc bootstrap kit for Solaris 10?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/17/2006 06:24:36
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:19:29 +1000
Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net> wrote:

> I've unpacked the 2006Q2 pkgsrc snapshot and am trying to get it working
> on this machine.  For some reason I can't yet fathom, running

What exactly are you trying to do? What compiler are you using, GCC or SunPro?

I am in the process of updating and expanding my guide on how to deploy pkgsrc
on Solaris. At the moment it's not quite ready yet. I'm hoping to finish most
of it by the end of this week and then I need to find web space where to host
it with the rest of my web pages. Once I've done that I'll let you know where
you can read it. If you can wait until then, you'll save yourself a lot of time
and effort, because setting up pkgsrc on Solaris is quite a fiddly process.