Subject: choosing between dependencies
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@2006.43-1.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/08/2006 00:16:02
I try to create a package for ifhp[1], a print filter developed for LPRng.
As the package requires ghostscript I put
	DEPENDS+= ghostscript-gnu-[0-9]*:../../print/ghostscript-gnu
into the Makefile.  But this way it isn't possible to use any of the other
three ghostscript packages together with my package.

I thought about adding a option and then adding dependencies depending on
the setting, but this doesn't look like an elegant solution.

How should this be handeled best?  The pkgsrc documentation doesn't say
anything about this (at least I didn't find anything).

Ansgar

[1] http://www.lprng.com/

--
pgp: 0xF1F477C0    2BE4 CE2A E9CB 27D3 29F4  502E 53B1 6D9C F1F4 77C0