Subject: Solaris libbz2.so and 64bit
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/04/2006 14:03:24
Hi,
   For those people using pkgsrc on Solaris I was just wondering what you
currently do (if anything) about libbz2.so?

Solaris (at least from Solaris 9) has a /usr/include/bzlib.h so
bzip2/builtin.mk thinks its built in and if you're building 32bit thats fine
as there is also a perfectly fine /usr/lib/libbz2.so.

However if you are building 64bit as far as I can see the following situation
holds:
	Solaris 9 sparc - you need the SUNWbzipx package (not normally installed?)
	Solaris 10 sparc - Its in SUNWbzip so all is fine
	Solaris 10 i386 - doesn't exist at all.

Am I correct?  What do you do about it?

Why is there a small set of libraries that Solaris has 32bit but not 64bit
versions of?  libbz2, libXau and libXdmcp are the ones I've found so far.

cheers
mark