Subject: bittorrent-gui has conflicting requirements?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/29/2006 17:34:44
I was updating and installing a lot of things, including bittorrent-gui
from pkgsrc-2006Q2, and it installed both py23-gtk2 and py24-gtk2 (which
conflict):

    Information for bittorrent-gui-4.4.0nb2:

    Comment:
    File sharing tool (GTK+ GUI)

    Requires:
    bittorrent>=4.4.0
    python23>=2.3.5nb6
    py23-gtk2>=2.8.4
    py24-gtk2>=2.8.5nb1
    py23-gobject>=2.10.1nb1
    libglade2>=2.5.1nb4
    libxml2>=2.6.23nb1
    py23-Numeric-[0-9]*
    py23-Numeric>=23.7nb1
    gtk2+>=2.8.17nb1
    atk>=1.11.4
    pango>=1.12.1nb1
    glib2>=2.8.6nb1
    cairo>=1.0.4nb1
    Xft2>=2.1.7nb2
    fontconfig>=2.3.2nb2
    expat>=2.0.0nb1
    glitz>=0.4.4nb2
    MesaLib>=6.4.1nb1
    libpixman>=0.1.4
    freetype2>=2.1.10nb1
    png>=1.2.9nb2
    tiff>=3.7.2nb1
    jpeg>=6bnb2
    xcursor>=1.1.2nb1
    Xrandr>=1.0.2nb3
    Xrender>=0.9.0nb1
    Xfixes>=2.0.1nb2

I don't think I choose a particular python version somewhere, at least I
could not find any PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT settings anywhere (outside
lang/python/pyversion.mk).

Both py2?-gtk2 versions claim only to be used by bittorrent-gui.

Did I do something silly or wrong?

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.