Subject: Re: fixing "don't know how to make replace-interpreter" problems
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jul.sechs@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2006 19:18:15
Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> I was trying to work on updating amavisd-new to a newer version, and it
> looks like some recent changes have broken REPLACE_PERL and the like. I
> nailed it down to the commit of version 1.1858 of bsd.pkg.mk which

I have used REPLACE_PERL in the last days just fine with revision 1.1870
of bsd.pkg.mk.

> My question is, how do I correctly use these new wrappers? Should I simply
>
> .include "../../mk/configure/replace-interpreter.mk"

As far as I know you do not have to include any special mk files.

Following the make logic, bsd.pkg.mk includes bsd.configure.mk which
includes configure.mk (unless you have set NO_CONFIGURE) which includes
replace-interpreter.mk if you use REPLACE_INTERPRETER or REPLACE_PERL in
your Makefile.

A look a the existing Makefile for amavisd-new shows that NO_CONFIGURE
is set, so if I remove this I get

  ===> Configuring for amavisd-new-2.3.3nb3
  => Replacing interpreter paths in scripts

ciao
     Klaus