Subject: Re: making 'make replace' safer
To: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/2006 22:41:57
> All sofware should be written in one language. This is my pet hate, when
> you need to use a simple tool, but in order to use it you have to install
> C++, Perl, Python and a whole load of other useless dpendancies that
> consume 100s of MB of disk space.

I would hate to live in a world with only one programing language. :)

But is this such a huge practical problem other than for embedded systems and
such where you aren't really likely to be in such a need of package managers
to begin with?

I mean perl/python/ruby and such is used all over the place; many
installations will already have it. Would you consider it a show-stopper for
using a package manager, that it depended on, for example, ruby?

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org