Subject: Sun Ultra 40 (AMD Opteron) for pkgsrc-on-Solaris work
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Nik Clayton <nik@ngo.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/13/2006 17:54:18
Hi all,

I've got a loan Ultra 40 from Sun for the next 60 days or so.  It's got
the Sun Studio 11 compiler suite installed.

Talking to a couple of folk on #pkgsrc, I've created a zone, and created
accounts in the zone for jlam and joerg to work on getting pkgsrc
working better on Solaris.

Would any other developers like similar accounts?  I should stress that,
since this is at the end of my ADSL line this is not suitable for use as
a bulk build box (the distfile downloads would probably push me over the
ADSL quota quite quickly).  But it is useful to anyone who wants to
troubleshoot why a particular application isn't building on Solaris, and
  work on fixes.