Subject: Re: Package with possibly interactive "test" phase
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de, rillig@NetBSD.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2006 23:04:09
In article <20060703203214.GA10586@britannica.bec.de> joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
: On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 10:18:49PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
: > I am currently running an unprivileged bulk build with PKGSRC_RUN_TEST.

  If support for INTERACTIVE_STAGE+=test is easy to add, please do so.
Do we want to exclude the package from the bulk build, or just skip
the ``make test''?  (I think the latter.)

: I don't think that will really work, since quite a lot of packages have
: additional dependencies for the self test, often not recorded at all.
: We currently have no TEST_DEPENDS either. This makes the interactiveness
: a minor issue :-)

  Yes, a TEST_DEPENDS is needed for proper support of the test target.
How much work would it be to add support for this?  (Install the
packages listed in TEST_DEPENDS before running test proper, possibly
in a new phase test-depends?)

						yours,
						dillo