Subject: Re: PLIST content
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2006 00:42:39
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 12:20:40AM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
>   Let me repharse this as clearly as possible: (4) should not copy any
> files on install; it should be used to archive/delete files on
> deinstall only.  All files to be copied from templates on install must
> be explicitly listed as type (3) entries in the PLIST.

OK, I have no real problem with this either. I guess whoever defeated
the purpose static PLISTs will be able to hack around this as well, but
that's not our responsibility.

In that case (4) can be reduced to the same meta data set as (2). The
only difference is the semantic value of specifying configuration files.

Joerg