Subject: Re: BROKEN_IN?
To: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2006 10:47:31
In article <20060526005318.GR302@sanctum.terrorpin.net> Ben wrote:
: On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:41:08PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
: > It just keeps track of how long it was known broken (probably from
: > someone's bulk build). And if gets too old, then probably the package will
: > be scheduled for removal (because no one is interested in fixing it).

: Thanks for the information.  Shall I add this quote to the pkgsrc guide?

  Yes, please do.

: Speaking of broken programs, I haven't been able to get wine to run in
: NetBSD since sometime around the update on January 14, 2005.  Before
: that time, I had it working with DLL files from my Windows XP Pro
: partition.  Since it broke, winecfg hangs and wine itself it fails with
: wine: failed to initialize: mmap of entire address space failed: Cannot
: allocate memory

: Does wine work on NetBSD for anyone else?

  It does not work on 2.x (since it tries to mmap the entire address
space, and NetBSD quite reasonably refuses to let it).

  It works for some people for some programs on 3.x and current, and
for more people with the opengl option disabled.

					yours,
					dillo