Subject: Re: Refactoring "install" and "package" phases
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2006 14:21:23
On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 12:40:11PM +0100, Gavan Fantom wrote:
> Do you expect to be able to fully handle the install scripts and all the
> other current magic that pkgsrc does (creating users, etc), in SVR4
> packages?

Let's defer this point to a much later discussion. We want to move most
of the install scripts into pkg_install or similiar low-level package,
instead of duplicating them all the time. With this it is also much
simpler to replace them on a different platform to exploit native
mechanisms (e.g. font registration with YaST on SuSE).

Joreg