Subject: Re: check-files target scans network volumes?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/16/2006 14:24:32
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 02:18:07PM +0200, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:23:32PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> > I have just killed a 'make install' of shells/standalone-tcsh (which
> > is supposed to install a statically-linked /bin/tcsh) after the
> > spawned find(1) process had taken up 20 mins.
>
> I'm personally in strong favour to KILL standalone-tcsh instead, since
> it is violating the principles of pkgsrc. CHECK_FILES is correct in
> targeting everything under ${PREFIX} :-)

Yes, pkgsrc assumes it has complete control over ${PREFIX}.  I agree that
shells/standalone-tcsh is wrong in setting PREFIX=/.  However I'm not sure
we should drop it because of that.  We can instruct the user to manually
copy the binary to /, or make the package do it automatically, while
keeping PREFIX untouched (for manpages and whatever else it installs).

	Geert