Subject: Re: x11/openmotify license terms
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/14/2006 16:55:45
Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be> writes:

> Can't we put the LICENSE= and/or NO_BIN_ON_* inside an ".if ${OPSYS} ==" ?

NO_*_ON_CDROM is currently set unconditionally.
NO_*_ON_FTP is effectively set the way you suggest, or at least that's
what I tried to do.

The current rules in doc/pkgsrc.txt say that LICENSE is set unless the
software has a Free or Open Source license.  This is a property of the
license and independent of what OS one is using.  It could be that a
different default behavior is appropriate, but I argue that we should
retain the current ability to refrain from building non-free software.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>