Subject: Re: x11/openmotify license terms
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/14/2006 19:51:32
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 01:26:45PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> So it is reasonable to assume that some parties may have licenses to
> use openmotify on Interix, or other non-open-source systems.  Setting
> ACCEPTABLE_LICENESES is the standard, documented way to tell pkgsrc to
> build a package with a non-free license.

It could also means that someone setting _ACCEPTABLE, which is still the
standard for bulk builds, is violating the license.

That's what I want to see sorting out, either with an explicit request
to the Open Group or from a lawyer. If the answer is "Yes, you can use
it for personal use, as long as you don't redistribute binaries" or
something along that line, this change is fine. Otherwise, I strongly
object it and want to move to ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM.

Joerg