Subject: Re: USE_TOOLS+= gfmt
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/14/2006 14:14:23
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 02:33:23PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> gmake, gsed, gm4, bash, ksh, tcsh, tclsh, bison, flex...
> all they are supported, even unzip and unzoo(!), why not gfmt?

All of the former either follow a certain standard with the usual
GNUification or are used extraction tools or have multiple versions
installed. I personally don't see the need for gfmt, since only a single
implementation is available and most pkgsrc platforms won't have it as
host tool anyway. I can even think of Linux platforms without it.

Joerg