Subject: Re: [SoC] pkg_install rewrite
To: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2006 16:48:51
On Sun, 7 May 2006 joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> attached is the proposal for the SoC rewrite proposal. I'll soon add a
> follow up with more detailed information as discussed during pkgsrcCon.

1) please post project proposals on the Google website

2) I see this project includes a (re)design for an important part of
NetBSD. Given that we don't know the design yet, and that there's no
(known?) decision about what such a (re)design would look like, it's hard
for us to judge.

In general I'd be more confident if the design was agreed upon throm the
NetBSD/pkgsrc side first, before having someone dive into such a project.
At least assuming this shouldn't possibly be dumpedafterwards, which would
be a pity.

  - Hubert