Subject: Re: Mozilla EOL'd (Re: Future of the www/mozilla* packages)
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/24/2006 18:52:55
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 11:52:06AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Please do, but perhaps try to have NPOV (Neutral point of view) a la
> wikipedia.  I find descriptions that explain what's maintained, what's
> not, etc. to be far more helpful than 5 mozilla packages all with the
> same marketingish blurb.  Usually someone konws they want mozilla and
> the real question is which one.

I'd just add this note at the bottom of DESCR:

Please note that the Mozilla Suite has been end-of-lifed in favour of the
stand-alone components www/firefox (for browsing) and mail/thunderbird (for
e-mail).  Alternatively there is www/seamonkey: an unofficial, community-
driven project to continue the Mozilla Suite.

Is that ok?

	Geert