Subject: Mozilla EOL'd (Re: Future of the www/mozilla* packages)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/23/2006 17:14:16
Hi,

Mozilla 1.7.13 has been released (carrying the same security fixes as
Firefox 1.5.0.2, Thunderbird 1.5.0.2, and Seamonkey 1.0.1).  The Mozilla
Suite has hereby also been officially end-of-life'd.  From the "Sunset
Announcement for Fx/Tb 1.0.x and Mozilla Suite 1.7.x":

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2006/04/12/sunset-announcement-for-fxtb-10x-and-mozilla-suite-17x/
> Within the next week Mozilla Corporation will be releasing a set of
> security and stability updates to Firefox, Thunderbird and the legacy
> Mozilla Suite.
>
> More details on these updates will be available soon and will be posted
> to http://www.mozilla.com.
>
> These releases will include the final set of official security and
> stability updates for Firefox 1.0.x, Thunderbird 1.0.x and Mozilla Suite
> 1.7.x.
>
> Mozilla Corporation strongly recommends that all users upgrade to the
> latest 1.5.0.x versions of Firefox and Thunderbird to take advantage of
> significant security and stability enhancements. Firefox 1.5.0.x and
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.x include an automated update mechanism that ensures
> users are always up to date with the very latest patches.
>
> The latest official versions of these products are available as free
> downloads from http://www.mozilla.com.
>
> While the Mozilla Corporation product strategy continues to be focused on
> the individual end-user, Mozilla will continue to work with downstream
> enterprise-oriented distributors and support vendors to provide a program
> to enable extended support for otherwise legacy releases.
>
> The release roadmap and support policy is available online at:
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseRoadmap

Shall I put something similar in www/mozilla's DESCR or MESSAGE files?
(marking www/mozilla EOL'd, and pointing people to www/firefox and
mail/thunderbird, or alternatively www/seamonkey)

	Geert