Subject: Question regarding LOCALEDIR (ex. print/cups)
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/21/2006 23:09:28
Where are locales supposed to be stored with pkgsrc?
I just built print/cups, and there were some installation errors
about missling locale files.
In the config.h I find:

#define CUPS_LOCALEDIR "/usr/local/pkg/lib/locale"

(/usr/local/pkg happens to be my LOCALBASE)

whereas in the pkgsrc-generated PLIST I find:

share/locale/C/cups_C
share/locale/be/cups_be
share/locale/cs/cups_cs
share/locale/de/cups_de
etc.

Could that be a bug in patches/patch-an?

It has:

+if test x$localedir = x; then
+       case "$uname" in
+               Linux* | *BSD* | Darwin* | DragonFly*)
+                       CUPS_LOCALEDIR="$datadir/locale"
+                       ;;
+               OSF1* | AIX*)
+                       CUPS_LOCALEDIR="$exec_prefix/lib/nls/msg"
+                       ;;
+
+               *)
+                       # This is the standard System V location...
+                       CUPS_LOCALEDIR="$exec_prefix/lib/locale"
+       esac
+else
+       CUPS_LOCALEDIR="$localedir"
+fi