Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/shells/bash
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/18/2006 15:42:18
Georg Schwarz wrote:
> Am 18.04.2006 um 21:04 schrieb Johnny Lam:
>> Since tools.IRIX.mk doesn't list a native yacc, pkgsrc will
>> automatically install byacc to satisfy the build dependency.
>
> I wonder why since IRIX does come with an implementation of yacc. Is it
> on purpose that it has not been listed?

I didn't list a yacc on IRIX because I couldn't find out what's
available and what's not on IRIX.  I expected pkgsrc "portmasters" for
each platform to fill out those lists.  Judging from what you're saying,
it's probably better not to bother with setting it and force using byacc
instead.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>