Subject: Re: pkg_info: patch to create summary file
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/13/2006 12:27:38
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:43:20AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
|On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
|
|> Looks good, but could the format be changed to the following:
|>
|> $ pkg_info -X /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/apache-1.3.34nb1.tgz # binary package
|> REQUIRES=/usr/lib/libc.so.12
|> REQUIRES+=/usr/lib/libcrypt.so.0
|
|> ... which would let this work with make as well straight out of the
|box
|
|How would you use it? (I am curious about your plans.)

I didn't have any particular plans in mind, just noting that with that
change the output could be sucked into make pretty easily to do ...
something ... useable ... :)

|It has variables that override or conflict and variables that aren't
|even known by our current bsd.pkg.mk and related.

well, yes I know that _now_ ... :)

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank