Subject: Re: Adding to BUILD_INFO_FILE: DATE, CATEGORIES, MAINTAINER, PKGTOOLS_VERSION and HOMEPAGE
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.sechs@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/09/2006 02:20:58
joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:

> formats in the area we deal with. Both RFC 822 and ctime are fixed size
> formats which can be parsed quite easily and which are most likely
> already used e.g. in the HTTP code of pkg_add. ISO 8601 is nicer when
> sorting automatically and is a bit shorter, but arguable less human
> friendly.

Is +BUILD_INFO really supposed to be read by humans?
Will there be a need to parse the DATE field?

While the time format from RFC 822 is surely used quite often I think it
is a bit more complicated to parse, which incidentally corresponds to
its better readability :-).

Probably a matter of taste, so I won't complain if you do not use the ISO
format.

ciao
     Klaus