Subject: Re: BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.expat
To: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Joachim_K=F6nig-Baltes?= <joachim.koenig-baltes@emesgarten.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/07/2006 06:08:24
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> For binary package replacing (which I do very often with pkg_add -u and my
> custom pkg_add -o for overwrite), we already have some of this information
> when you have PKG_DEVELOPER=yes defined. In this case, it records the
> SONAME provided and/or needed information. The problem is that we don't
> have anything coded that will test these PROVIDES and REQUIRES settings.

I must have remembered wrong (because too many changes in bsd.pkg.mk to
search through :) Setting PKG_DEVELOPER is not needed.

This PROVIDES and REQUIRES information is already recorded with default
settings (as SHLIB_HANDLING is YES and CHECK_SHLIBS is YES by default).

pkg_info -B (with -a or a package name) will show you.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'