Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/admin
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2006 08:45:41
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:33:35PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I looked at updating it to most recent but I see it has various changes.
>
> What is the procedure for doing this?

The procedure is to commit to src/usr.sbin first and then commit
the same file to pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install.  Sometimes, people
forget about the second part or commit to pkgsrc directly.

> I am using diff -pruN and manually reviewing. Then using cvs annotate and
> then cvs rdiff and cvs log to find details. This is time consuming. We
> need a way so we don't have to make changes twice.

I agree that it's annoying, but I don't know how to do this better
with the currrent infrastructure. Do you have an idea?

Btw, I synced the pkgsrc and base system versions, and gave them a new
version number so that we know they are the same and have the same code :)
 Thomas