Subject: Re: Forthcoming GNOME 2.14.0 changes
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2006 07:07:20
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> > >       Updated print/poppler to 0.5.1 [jmmv 2006-03-25]
> > >       Updated print/poppler-glib to 0.5.1 [jmmv 2006-03-25]
> > >       Updated print/poppler-qt to 0.5.1 [jmmv 2006-03-26]
> >
> > This a development snapshot, not the latest stable poppler release.
>
> Oh, I see.  By the way, I have some doubts about this update that I wanted
> to ask you.
>
> poppler-glib now needs cairo support (it is supposed to have a configure
> flag to disable it, but then the glib support build breaks).

I might ask the poppler development list about this.

> What I did was to enable the cairo backend in the poppler-glib package so
> that this package installs now both things.  Not very clean, I know, but I
> didn't create a different package (poppler-cairo) because all the cairo
> backend enables at _installation_ time is an extra .pc files.  During the
> build, things are compiled statically into the other libraries (the glib one).
>
> Would you like to review it overall?

Yes, I can review it.

I also see:
 http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33101
it has cairo support and adds PDF command line utilities but PLIST shows
many files removed. (The utilities should be in a new package probably.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'