Subject: pkgsrc on Debian 3.1 (Sarge)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: David Griffith <dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/19/2006 19:38:15
I have a freshly-installed Debian 3.1 (Sarge) machine.  I downloaded the
appropriate bootstrap and then the pkgsrc tree.  When running the
bootstrap, I get this:

[begin quote]
===> running: /bin/sh work/install-sh -c -o root -g root -m 755
work/bmake/Linux/bmake /usr/pkg/bin/bmake
===> Installing tnftp
===> running: (cd work/tnftp; env  /bin/sh ./configure --prefix=/usr/pkg
--sysconfdir=/usr/pkg/etc && make && (cd src && make install))
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for AIX... no
checking for library containing tgetent... no
configure: error: no relevant library found containing tgetent
===> exited with status 1
aborted.
[end quote]

Okay, that's lack of termcap it's complaining about.  So I did
"apt-get install termcap-compat", which seems to be the only way to get
termcap installed.  But still I get the same error.  What's wrong?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@cs.csubak.edu