Subject: Re: stop creating etc/rc.d?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2006 11:31:59
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > Is there any reason to keep .../etc/rc.d around, given that it's not scanned
> > upon system startup anyways?
>
> Yes, it seems fine to remove from the mk/platform/*pkg.dist files.

And mtree isn't even called for a package if INSTALLATION_DIRS is defined.
I've been careful to set this wherever possible in newer packages I create.
It's not always easy to maintain, however.

> (Unrelated, but why does the mtree specifications include ".."??)

So the file paths can be provided in relative form -- particularly useful
when you have multiple entries in one directory.  Not all that useful for
directory-only spec files, but take a look at the ones generated for a
metalog-based src/ build sometime....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>