Subject: Re: stop creating etc/rc.d?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2006 08:36:39
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:10:49PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> As far as I understand, pkgsrc only puts example rc.d scripts into
> $LOCALBASE/share/examples/rc.d, and doesn't put them into
> $LOCALBASE/etc/rc.d any more.

Hmm, at least emulators/vmware-module3 still does copy it to
$LOCALBASE/etc/rc.d

> Is there any reason to keep .../etc/rc.d around, given that it's not
> scanned upon system startup anyways?
>
> Or did I miss something (easily possible!)?

I find it not easy to find the pkg rc.d scripts in $LOCALBASE/share/examples/rc.d.
Thats not the first place where I would look for rc.d scripts.
And it takes some tries to find it from time to time when i install
a new package which has an rc.d script.

Bernd