Subject: Re: pkginstall framework changes
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/15/2006 13:22:49
Hello,

it might be that the latest pkginstall framework changes broke something in (at
least) textproc/docbook-xml and textproc/docbook-xsl

These two packages use a INSTALL (and DEINSTALL) script to insert their
catalogs into ${PREFIX}/share/xml/catalog, by including
../../textproc/xmlcatmgr/catalogs.mk in their Makefiles

They also set NO_BUILD=YES as they extract an archive during install: time
directly to the target prefix.

As the INSTALL/DEINSTALL scripts are locally generated at post-build: via the
target generate-install-scripts: in mk/install/bsd.pkginstall.mk, they will not
be generated when NO_BUILD=YES, thus the INSTALL/DEINSTALL scripts are not
recorded/executed for those two packages, causing the build of other packages
to fail as they cannot find the catalogs in ${PREFIX}/share/xml/catalog

If my analysis of the error is correct (not that I have the slightest clue how
this is really supposed to work:-) then a quick fix would be to remove
NO_BUILD=YES from those two packages and add a dummy do-build: target in their Makefiles

Best regards....
 	Stephan

--
=  Tel.: +49-681-302-5571      = Universitaet des Saarlandes =
=  Fax.: +49-681-302-3065      = Postfach 15 11 50           =