Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: info-file handling changes
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/07/2006 01:52:54
On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:00:41PM +0100, joerg@britannica.bec.de wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 05:35:11PM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> > ./cross/h8300-hms-binutils/Makefile
> > ./cross/h8300-hms-gcc/Makefile
>
> At least for those two it makes sense to either be able to override or
> prefix the default. Alternatively being able to list INFO_FILES which
> are in non-standard locations would be fine.
>
> What do you think?

In the implementation I'm pursuing, instead of setting INFO_FILES in
each package Makefile, we just specify which directories contain the
installed info files.  By default, this would be ${PREFIX}/${PKGINFODIR}
(/usr/pkg/info), but would be overridable by a package Makefile to be
a list of other directories instead, e.g. ${PREFIX}/gdbada/${PKGINFODIR}.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>