Subject: Re: build dependencies of fixesext and compositeext
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/01/2006 16:43:53
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > I will also bump PKGREVISION for x11/Xcomposite, x11/Xfixes,
> > x11/compositeext, and x11/xcompmgr.
>
> Looking closer, I see that other packages should be bumped too, such as:
> x11/xcursor, x11/gtk2, wm/metacity, multimedia/gst-plugins0.8,
> x11/qt4-libs, x11/gnome2-control-center, x11/kdebase3, x11/qt3-libs,
> x11/xcursorgen, x11/xorg-clients, x11/XFree86-clients, and others.

You sure?  On cursory glance, e.g. x11/xcursor does not have a runtime
dependency on fixesext.  Unless the updated fixesext changes ABI somehow,
dependencies that are two or more layers removed from fixesext and
compositeext do NOT need a bump, because they do not change.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>