Subject: Re: overwriting part of a package with another?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2006 12:19:02
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I'm putting together a package for 'powerdot', a LaTeX presentation
> package.  However, it requires a newer version of the xkeyval macro
> package than occurs in teTeX3.  What is the best way to handle that?
> We do have the latest version of teTeX, so it's not just a matter of
> waiting for an update.

(Note that I don't know powerdot/xkeyval...)

One idea is to use a different filename. And patch powerdot to use that
renamed version.

Or if it is backwards compatible, maybe make it so teTeX3 does not install
it. Make a new package for the new xkeyval and have teTeX3 depend on it.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/