Subject: Re: pkglint -Wall
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2006 21:11:26
On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:04:57PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Roland Illig wrote:
> > SUBST_SED.foo+=       -e 's,@PREFIX@,${PREFIX},g'
>
> btw in the package I was twiddling, I used something akin to
>
> SUBST_SED.foo+=		s,@PREFIX@,${PREFIX},g

Both are incorrect with different problems. The former breaks if PREFIX
contains sed meta characters or commata, the latter braeks if PREFIX
contains any spaces, commata or sed meta characters. It is possible to
correctly quote for sed, but it is a lot harder than the initial effort
warranted. That's why we discussed the addition of :Qsed after all :-)

Joerg